For the past several years I have been fairly interested in baking. I think it started because of my husband's tremendous sweet tooth and grew into a hobby as I have been doing it more and more. I love to make fun treats for any gathering that I go to. I enjoy impressing people with elaborate concoctions. I've done a lot of cookies, brownies, and white chocolate covered ANYTHING. MMM!!! Most of the time it isn't as hard as it looks, but shh....that's my little secret ;)
Over the past couple of years I have watched a lot of Food Network cake challenges and Cake Boss, so my latest obsession is cake. I have been trying to formulate my own from scratch cake recipe starting only with formulas and theory. It's been fun and frustrating at the same time. I've made about 7 or 8 cakes and nothing has been exactly what I want yet, but I think I am getting close.
I have put the formula on hold and I am focusing on decorating now. I have made marshmallow fondant (MMF) and covered a couple cakes in it already (pictures to come later) and I have fallen in love. It is absolutely phenominal and has gotten rave reviews.
This will be a chronical of my adventures in cake...for now
No comments:
Post a Comment